What Makes Us So Different?
First, we have chosen to purchase, breed and sell alpacas with strong champion genetics. Since gestation is 11-12 months long, we feel that inferior animals are time consuming to improve. We will continue to seek out and purchase champion bloodlines to increase the level of quality. Educated alpaca breeders know that this level continues to rise and we plan to be there too. Our current stock
awaits your inspection!
Second, our alpacas enjoy high elevations found along the Blue Ridge
Parkway in the "Highlands of Va." Our farm is nestled along a ridge with
beautiful distant mountain views. A steady breeze keeps the alpacas
calm, content, and eager to graze on 60 acres of open pastures. Humidity
and summer temperatures are low plus cold winters contribute to the
superb health of the herd.
Experts agree that forage is key to these animals. Our fields and hay are tested. Our hay comes from sources that supply local Olympic
horse farms so we know what is being consumed. Protein levels are monitored and adjusted accordingly if needed.
Genetics and Environment are the Conductors of Life
These boys will soon take a place
in our breeding program. We illustrate them here to show what our
foundation dams have and can
produce. Their fleece displays excellent bundling, staple length,
density and a fine handle we all look for in a
are available for your review. Click here to see some fine examples of
champion accoyo genetics.
The backbone of any breeding program
focuses on a consistent phenotype. Our white dams are of Peruvian
lineage. The fawn girls are from Chilean and Peruvian descent. All
dams are bred to either winners in the show ring or famous
know for their reproductive winners. We, at Atlantic Breeze Alpacas,
are dedicated to raising the genetic pool to the highest levels.
Alpacas for Sale
These lovely animals
have qualities that can add to your current breeding program. Whether
it is a “seasoned” dam or a beautiful maiden, Atlantic Breeze Alpacas,
assures your success. Full medical records, histogram and a vet check
come with each animal. Live birth guarantee too. Don’t hesitate. Call
us for a complete sales list.
Our Genetics Speak for Themselves!
The following herdsires are the core ingredient of our animals. Competitors are numerous so winning at these larger shows substantiate the quality of these animals. Atlantic Breeze Alpacas strives to keep these Champion bloodlines and also looks for the new kids on the winning block! We think the ROI will be greater with champion animals.
Come and see what these machos have produced. We have had some winners in the show ring too. There is a strong growing consistent phenotype evidenced by our herd! Come and see for yourself.
- Augusto: Sold in 2001 for then a world record of $225,000.
- Accoyo Titan: Direct Import of 1998 that sold for $250,000.
- Guellermo: Canadian Champion Herdsire
- Matador: Top quality Black Herdsire and known throughout the U.S.
- Auzengate: Very rare genetics...Rolled Skin feature. He
resides in Australia now.
- Timoteo: Son of famous Peruvian Hemingway
- Peruvian Patagonia: 1st Place Fleece AOBA 2002 and 2003
- Peruvian Jeronimo: Produce of Dam MAPACA 2000
- Peruvian Millenium: Son of famous Legacy and Hemingway daughter (Charmingway)
- Peruvian Quetzel: Champion Eastern Alpaca Jubilee 2003
- Mr. President: Accoyo Herdsire that sold for $155,000 in 2002.
- Accoyo Peruvian Don Juan: 100% Accoyo. At 10 yrs. old
he won 1st place AOBA Handcrafter's Spin Off over all younger alpacas 2004
- Peruvian Donovan: Reserve Grand Champion Int'l Fleece Show in 2000.
Color Champion Fleece AOBA National Fleece Show 2004
- Peruvian Accipiter: Reserve Color Champion AOBA 2000. 1st
Place AOBA National Fleece Show 2001
- Peruvian Rolex: Grand Champion at MAPACA 2001, Grand Champion at Breeders Choice 2001
- Peruvian Black Forest: True Black 1/2 Accoyo. Breeders Choice Award AOBA 2002
- Peruvian Blockbuster: 1st Halter MAPACA 2000. Weavers Choice AOBA Nat'l 1999
- Peruvian PC Running Late: Color Champion Fleece 2004 AOBA Winter Nationals Fleece Show, Champion Halter 2003 All American Futurity
- Peruvian Abundance: Color Champion Southern Select 2004, Color Champion North American 2004, Grand Champion Halter North American 2003
- Accoyo Pulitzer: Color Champion AOBA National Fleece Show 2004
- Microsoft - Accoyo Marco Polo: 1st Place AOBA National Fleece Show 2003, 2004, 2005, Reserve Color Champion AOBA National Fleece Show 2004
- Accoyo America Alpha: 2nd Place VAOBA fleece. El Nino, Hemingway and
- Jazzin in the Breeze: 2nd Place CABO adult male class. Titan and
- Front Runner: Too many Championship ribbons to list but suffice to
say, this is one coveted male. Breed fee stands at $5K and limited.